Shawn Achor’s The Happiness Advantage says that people who start off happy are more likely to succeed; people who start off unhappy are more likely to fail.
Nice post on Harvard Business Review linked with The Happiness Advantage (people who start off happy are more likely to succeed; people who start off unhappy are more likely to fail). Reminder to self: ask Santa Claus to deliver me that book.
Bottom line on how to turn a bad day around:
- Think of three things that you’re grateful for
- Consider what you’ve already accomplished even if it’s minor
- Reflect on what triggers your bad days and which tactics help to turn them around
- Believe that you are a victim of your circumstances—you choose whether to be negative or positive
- Hunker down at your desk—change scenery and take a few deep breaths
- Set unrealistic expectations for your day
Have a Herculean weekend!